Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Braid

  • LLOYD SCOTT
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

      BRAID, Eliza Carrol, 30, St. Helena, wife of Capt. Andrew BRAID, H.E.I.C.S.,
      9/13/1820

      Lloyd Scott

      Scotland/Australia

    • LLOYD SCOTT
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

        GRAVES, Sarah Hockwell, 35, St. Helena, Widow of Lansenid GRAVES, 11/25/1823

        Lloyd Scott

        Scotland/Australia

      • foxhome
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005

          Lloyd, Thanks for this info. This man has a distant sideways connection to my family tree. I have his wife’s name as Bertha Eden Baker. Otherwise it fits in with my info. Children’s names were  Rex, Mabel, Alan, Daisy and Percy.

          Do you know what date this was from?

          Thanks

          Colin Fox

          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005
            As a geneologist I am pleased that I could be of assistance to you. All donations are unquestionably accepted as I have moved to Scotland to conduct Geneology research for many persons.
            This record is for a birth of a child on the 11 January 1895.

            Thanking you

            Lloyd Scott (geneologist)

            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

              South Africa Death Notice

              Reference #2732
              Deceased: James William THOMAS
              Birthplace/Nationality: St. Helena
              Parents: William THOMAS
              Age: 49 years, 8 months
              Occupation: Stevedore
              Residence:
              Marital Status: Married
              Surviving Spouse: Maria THOMAS (nee THOMAS)
              Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death:
              Place of Last Marriage:
              Day of Decease: 12 August 1901
              Where died: 28 Newmarket Street, Cape Town
              Children/whether major or minor: Mary, minor; Agnes, minor; Isabella, minor; John, minor; Martin, minor; Frank, minor
              Movable Property? Yes
              Immovable Property?
              Estate exceeds £300?
              Will? Yes
              Informant: Maria THOMAS, wife of deceased (her mark)
              Dated at: Cape Town the: 16th day of: August 1901
              Witness: P. M. BEAUFORT

              Lloyd Scott

              Australia/Scotland

            • LLOYD SCOTT
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

                South Africa Death Notice

                Reference #555
                Deceased: Eliza Ann HILL (nee ADAMS)
                Birthplace/Nationality: Island of St. Helena, South Atlantic Ocean
                Parents: Unknown HARRIS, "particulars ascertainable from Birth Certificate of deceased now being obtained"
                Age: 48
                Occupation:
                Residence:
                Marital Status: Married
                Surviving Spouse: George Henry HILL
                Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death: James ADAMS, died about 17 June 1904
                Place of Last Marriage:
                Day of Decease: 17 December 1906
                Where died: 60 Foxhall Road, Blackpool, Lancaster, England
                Children/whether major or minor: George Claude ADAMS, born 22nd September 1885, issue of the marriage of deceased with the said late James ADAMS
                Movable Property? Yes
                Immovable Property? Yes
                Estate exceeds £300?
                Will? Yes
                Informant: George Claude ADAMS, son of deceased and Executor Nominate
                Dated at: East London the: 13th day of: February 1907

                Lloyd Scott

                South Africa/Australia/Scotland

              • debvaljenkins
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 13, 2005
                  ---

                  try the LDS family search,
                  this is excellent
                  good luck
                  deb

                  tryIn st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "cryswil27"
                  <cryswil27@y...> wrote:

                  > Where / how do I get- is it possible to obtain a list of all
                  marriages
                  > on the island between 1850-1900?
                  > Crystal

                • tania.wicks
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 23, 2011
                    I see this email was sent in 2000, however I think my great Grandmother may have possibly been Mary Thomas, a child of James William Thomas. I have tried to find this death record of the NAAIRS website, however it does not come up. Where was this record found?

                    ANY help would be greatly appreciated
                    Tania

                    --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, LLOYD SCOTT <lloydcheyne2000@...> wrote