Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Braid

  • LLOYD SCOTT
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 30 10:03 AM

      BRAID, Eliza Carrol, 30, St. Helena, wife of Capt. Andrew BRAID, H.E.I.C.S.,
      9/13/1820

      Lloyd Scott

      Scotland/Australia

    • LLOYD SCOTT
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 30 10:04 AM

        GRAVES, Sarah Hockwell, 35, St. Helena, Widow of Lansenid GRAVES, 11/25/1823

        Lloyd Scott

        Scotland/Australia

      • LLOYD SCOTT
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 30 10:09 AM

          Father: George Archibald DULLISEAR, 24, Foreman Baker, born in St. Helena
          Mother: Annie James, 25, born in St. Helena
          Child: Harry Archibald DULLISEAR
          Born: 1/7/1895
          Date of Marriage: 7/12/1892
          Other Children: 1 son (living)
          Residence: Elizabeth Street, Port Elizabeth
          Witness: Sarah, Nurse

          Lloyd Scott

          Scotland/Australia

        • LLOYD SCOTT
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 30 10:11 AM

            Father: Samuel BOWERS, 39, Municipal Labourer, born in St. Helena
            Mother: Elizabeth BOWERS, 38, born in St. Helena
            Child: Frederick Harold BOWERS
            Born: 6/1/1895
            Date of Marriage: 1882
            Other Children: 4 sons, 2 daughters (living)
            Residence: 38 Burness Street, Port Elizabeth
            Witness: Mrs. MADATT, Nurse

            Lloyd Scott

            Scotland/Australia

          • LLOYD SCOTT
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 30 10:15 AM

              South Africa Magazine on January 8, 1910.

              ST. HELENA

              Mr. F. W. Humphrey

              Lloyd Scott

              Scotland/Australia

            • LLOYD SCOTT
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 30 10:21 AM

                LISTS OF PASSENGERS South Africa Magazine, October 16, 1909

                ARRIVALS

                Per the R.M.S. Walmer Castle, which arrived at Southampton last Saturday:

                 ST HELENA

                Mrs. E. L. Jackson
                Miss A. E. Gibbs
                Mrs. Hoare

                Lloyd Scott

                Scotland/Australia

              • LLOYD SCOTT
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 30 10:24 AM

                  Father: Robert Francis Holden BENNETT (Deceased), 41, Book Keeper, born in
                  Cape Town
                  Mother: Bertha SALTER?, 38, Lodginghouse Keeper, born in St. Helena
                  Child: No Name Male BENNETT
                  Born: 1/11/1895
                  Date of Marriage: 5/1/1883
                  Other Children: 2 sons, 2 daughters (living)
                  Residence: Clifton Villa, Pearson Street, Port Elizabeth
                  Witness: Dr. BRUCE

                  Lloyd Scott

                  Scotland/Australia

                • foxhome
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005

                    Lloyd, Thanks for this info. This man has a distant sideways connection to my family tree. I have his wife’s name as Bertha Eden Baker. Otherwise it fits in with my info. Children’s names were  Rex, Mabel, Alan, Daisy and Percy.

                    Do you know what date this was from?

                    Thanks

                    Colin Fox

                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005
                      As a geneologist I am pleased that I could be of assistance to you. All donations are unquestionably accepted as I have moved to Scotland to conduct Geneology research for many persons.
                      This record is for a birth of a child on the 11 January 1895.

                      Thanking you

                      Lloyd Scott (geneologist)

                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

                        South Africa Death Notice

                        Reference #2732
                        Deceased: James William THOMAS
                        Birthplace/Nationality: St. Helena
                        Parents: William THOMAS
                        Age: 49 years, 8 months
                        Occupation: Stevedore
                        Residence:
                        Marital Status: Married
                        Surviving Spouse: Maria THOMAS (nee THOMAS)
                        Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death:
                        Place of Last Marriage:
                        Day of Decease: 12 August 1901
                        Where died: 28 Newmarket Street, Cape Town
                        Children/whether major or minor: Mary, minor; Agnes, minor; Isabella, minor; John, minor; Martin, minor; Frank, minor
                        Movable Property? Yes
                        Immovable Property?
                        Estate exceeds £300?
                        Will? Yes
                        Informant: Maria THOMAS, wife of deceased (her mark)
                        Dated at: Cape Town the: 16th day of: August 1901
                        Witness: P. M. BEAUFORT

                        Lloyd Scott

                        Australia/Scotland

                      • LLOYD SCOTT
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

                          South Africa Death Notice

                          Reference #555
                          Deceased: Eliza Ann HILL (nee ADAMS)
                          Birthplace/Nationality: Island of St. Helena, South Atlantic Ocean
                          Parents: Unknown HARRIS, "particulars ascertainable from Birth Certificate of deceased now being obtained"
                          Age: 48
                          Occupation:
                          Residence:
                          Marital Status: Married
                          Surviving Spouse: George Henry HILL
                          Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death: James ADAMS, died about 17 June 1904
                          Place of Last Marriage:
                          Day of Decease: 17 December 1906
                          Where died: 60 Foxhall Road, Blackpool, Lancaster, England
                          Children/whether major or minor: George Claude ADAMS, born 22nd September 1885, issue of the marriage of deceased with the said late James ADAMS
                          Movable Property? Yes
                          Immovable Property? Yes
                          Estate exceeds £300?
                          Will? Yes
                          Informant: George Claude ADAMS, son of deceased and Executor Nominate
                          Dated at: East London the: 13th day of: February 1907

                          Lloyd Scott

                          South Africa/Australia/Scotland

                        • debvaljenkins
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 13, 2005
                            ---

                            try the LDS family search,
                            this is excellent
                            good luck
                            deb

                            tryIn st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "cryswil27"
                            <cryswil27@y...> wrote:

                            > Where / how do I get- is it possible to obtain a list of all
                            marriages
                            > on the island between 1850-1900?
                            > Crystal

                          • tania.wicks
                            Message 13 of 19 , May 23, 2011
                              I see this email was sent in 2000, however I think my great Grandmother may have possibly been Mary Thomas, a child of James William Thomas. I have tried to find this death record of the NAAIRS website, however it does not come up. Where was this record found?

                              ANY help would be greatly appreciated
                              Tania

                              --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, LLOYD SCOTT <lloydcheyne2000@...> wrote