Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Braid

  • LLOYD SCOTT
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

      BRAID, Eliza Carrol, 30, St. Helena, wife of Capt. Andrew BRAID, H.E.I.C.S.,
      9/13/1820

      Lloyd Scott

      Scotland/Australia

    • LLOYD SCOTT
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

        GRAVES, Sarah Hockwell, 35, St. Helena, Widow of Lansenid GRAVES, 11/25/1823

        Lloyd Scott

        Scotland/Australia

      • LLOYD SCOTT
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

          Father: George Archibald DULLISEAR, 24, Foreman Baker, born in St. Helena
          Mother: Annie James, 25, born in St. Helena
          Child: Harry Archibald DULLISEAR
          Born: 1/7/1895
          Date of Marriage: 7/12/1892
          Other Children: 1 son (living)
          Residence: Elizabeth Street, Port Elizabeth
          Witness: Sarah, Nurse

          Lloyd Scott

          Scotland/Australia

        • LLOYD SCOTT
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

            Father: Samuel BOWERS, 39, Municipal Labourer, born in St. Helena
            Mother: Elizabeth BOWERS, 38, born in St. Helena
            Child: Frederick Harold BOWERS
            Born: 6/1/1895
            Date of Marriage: 1882
            Other Children: 4 sons, 2 daughters (living)
            Residence: 38 Burness Street, Port Elizabeth
            Witness: Mrs. MADATT, Nurse

            Lloyd Scott

            Scotland/Australia

          • LLOYD SCOTT
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

              South Africa Magazine on January 8, 1910.

              ST. HELENA

              Mr. F. W. Humphrey

              Lloyd Scott

              Scotland/Australia

            • LLOYD SCOTT
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                MISSING RELATIVES

                MORTIMER, JOHN RICHARD, a stonemason, was last heard of at St. Helena, engaged in building a landing stage and Government schools, 40 years ago. Son, who was born on the island, asks.

                Lloyd Scott

                Scotland/Australia

              • LLOYD SCOTT
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                  LISTS OF PASSENGERS South Africa Magazine, October 16, 1909

                  ARRIVALS

                  Per the R.M.S. Walmer Castle, which arrived at Southampton last Saturday:

                   ST HELENA

                  Mrs. E. L. Jackson
                  Miss A. E. Gibbs
                  Mrs. Hoare

                  Lloyd Scott

                  Scotland/Australia

                • LLOYD SCOTT
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                    Father: Robert Francis Holden BENNETT (Deceased), 41, Book Keeper, born in
                    Cape Town
                    Mother: Bertha SALTER?, 38, Lodginghouse Keeper, born in St. Helena
                    Child: No Name Male BENNETT
                    Born: 1/11/1895
                    Date of Marriage: 5/1/1883
                    Other Children: 2 sons, 2 daughters (living)
                    Residence: Clifton Villa, Pearson Street, Port Elizabeth
                    Witness: Dr. BRUCE

                    Lloyd Scott

                    Scotland/Australia

                  • foxhome
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005

                      Lloyd, Thanks for this info. This man has a distant sideways connection to my family tree. I have his wife’s name as Bertha Eden Baker. Otherwise it fits in with my info. Children’s names were  Rex, Mabel, Alan, Daisy and Percy.

                      Do you know what date this was from?

                      Thanks

                      Colin Fox

                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005
                        As a geneologist I am pleased that I could be of assistance to you. All donations are unquestionably accepted as I have moved to Scotland to conduct Geneology research for many persons.
                        This record is for a birth of a child on the 11 January 1895.

                        Thanking you

                        Lloyd Scott (geneologist)

                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

                          South Africa Death Notice

                          Reference #2732
                          Deceased: James William THOMAS
                          Birthplace/Nationality: St. Helena
                          Parents: William THOMAS
                          Age: 49 years, 8 months
                          Occupation: Stevedore
                          Residence:
                          Marital Status: Married
                          Surviving Spouse: Maria THOMAS (nee THOMAS)
                          Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death:
                          Place of Last Marriage:
                          Day of Decease: 12 August 1901
                          Where died: 28 Newmarket Street, Cape Town
                          Children/whether major or minor: Mary, minor; Agnes, minor; Isabella, minor; John, minor; Martin, minor; Frank, minor
                          Movable Property? Yes
                          Immovable Property?
                          Estate exceeds £300?
                          Will? Yes
                          Informant: Maria THOMAS, wife of deceased (her mark)
                          Dated at: Cape Town the: 16th day of: August 1901
                          Witness: P. M. BEAUFORT

                          Lloyd Scott

                          Australia/Scotland

                        • LLOYD SCOTT
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

                            South Africa Death Notice

                            Reference #555
                            Deceased: Eliza Ann HILL (nee ADAMS)
                            Birthplace/Nationality: Island of St. Helena, South Atlantic Ocean
                            Parents: Unknown HARRIS, "particulars ascertainable from Birth Certificate of deceased now being obtained"
                            Age: 48
                            Occupation:
                            Residence:
                            Marital Status: Married
                            Surviving Spouse: George Henry HILL
                            Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death: James ADAMS, died about 17 June 1904
                            Place of Last Marriage:
                            Day of Decease: 17 December 1906
                            Where died: 60 Foxhall Road, Blackpool, Lancaster, England
                            Children/whether major or minor: George Claude ADAMS, born 22nd September 1885, issue of the marriage of deceased with the said late James ADAMS
                            Movable Property? Yes
                            Immovable Property? Yes
                            Estate exceeds £300?
                            Will? Yes
                            Informant: George Claude ADAMS, son of deceased and Executor Nominate
                            Dated at: East London the: 13th day of: February 1907

                            Lloyd Scott

                            South Africa/Australia/Scotland

                          • debvaljenkins
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 13, 2005
                              ---

                              try the LDS family search,
                              this is excellent
                              good luck
                              deb

                              tryIn st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "cryswil27"
                              <cryswil27@y...> wrote:

                              > Where / how do I get- is it possible to obtain a list of all
                              marriages
                              > on the island between 1850-1900?
                              > Crystal

                            • tania.wicks
                              Message 14 of 19 , May 23 8:15 PM
                                I see this email was sent in 2000, however I think my great Grandmother may have possibly been Mary Thomas, a child of James William Thomas. I have tried to find this death record of the NAAIRS website, however it does not come up. Where was this record found?

                                ANY help would be greatly appreciated
                                Tania

                                --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, LLOYD SCOTT <lloydcheyne2000@...> wrote