Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] MARRIAGES

  • cryswil27
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 28, 2005
      --Thank you for the info - will check it out

      - In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Wale" <ronwale@h...>
      wrote:
      > Try the LDS Family History Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa,
      which has a
      > set of the St Helena records.
      >
      > Location:
      >
      > 7 Jubilee Road
      > Parktown
      > Johannesburg
      > South Africa
      >
      > Telephone: +27 11 645 1540
      > Facsimile: +27 11 642 1218
      >
      > I'm not sure whether the other Family History Centres also have
      copies, but
      > you can find one near you from the following URL:
      >
      > http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHC/library_fhc_find.asp
      >
      > Ron Wale
      >

      > From: LLOYD SCOTT <lloydcheyne2000@y...>
      > To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] MARRIAGES
      > Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 23:46:36 +0100 (BST)
      >
      > Have you tried the Witwaterand University?
      >
      > Lloyd Scott
      > Scotland
      >
      > Genie Murphy <genieandjim@m...> wrote:
      > Hi Crystal I have been wondering the same thing. If you get any
      > please share the information.
      > Regards
      > Genie
      > On Sep 22, 2005, at 7:56 AM, cryswil27 wrote:
      >
      > Where / how do I get- is it possible to obtain a list of all
      marriages
      > on the island between 1850-1900?
      > Crystal

      > For information on St Helena family history see
      > http://website.lineone.net/~sthelena/familyhistory.htm
      >
      > For the St Helena Institute's homepage see
      > http://www.st-helena.org

      > United kingdom calling card Calling united kingdom United kingdom
      flower
      > delivery Call united kingdom United kingdom florist United kingdom
      phone
      > card

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------

      > For information on St Helena family history see
      > http://website.lineone.net/~sthelena/familyhistory.htm
      >
      > For the St Helena Institute's homepage see
      > http://www.st-helena.org

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all
      new Yahoo!
      > Security Centre.

      > Browse smarter with tabs - get the all-new MSN Search Toolbar!
      > http://toolbar.msn.co.za?DI=1054&XAPID=2083
    • LLOYD SCOTT
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

        BRAID, Eliza Carrol, 30, St. Helena, wife of Capt. Andrew BRAID, H.E.I.C.S.,
        9/13/1820

        Lloyd Scott

        Scotland/Australia

      • LLOYD SCOTT
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

          GRAVES, Sarah Hockwell, 35, St. Helena, Widow of Lansenid GRAVES, 11/25/1823

          Lloyd Scott

          Scotland/Australia

        • LLOYD SCOTT
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

            Father: George Archibald DULLISEAR, 24, Foreman Baker, born in St. Helena
            Mother: Annie James, 25, born in St. Helena
            Child: Harry Archibald DULLISEAR
            Born: 1/7/1895
            Date of Marriage: 7/12/1892
            Other Children: 1 son (living)
            Residence: Elizabeth Street, Port Elizabeth
            Witness: Sarah, Nurse

            Lloyd Scott

            Scotland/Australia

          • LLOYD SCOTT
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

              Father: Samuel BOWERS, 39, Municipal Labourer, born in St. Helena
              Mother: Elizabeth BOWERS, 38, born in St. Helena
              Child: Frederick Harold BOWERS
              Born: 6/1/1895
              Date of Marriage: 1882
              Other Children: 4 sons, 2 daughters (living)
              Residence: 38 Burness Street, Port Elizabeth
              Witness: Mrs. MADATT, Nurse

              Lloyd Scott

              Scotland/Australia

            • LLOYD SCOTT
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                South Africa Magazine on January 8, 1910.

                ST. HELENA

                Mr. F. W. Humphrey

                Lloyd Scott

                Scotland/Australia

              • LLOYD SCOTT
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                  MISSING RELATIVES

                  MORTIMER, JOHN RICHARD, a stonemason, was last heard of at St. Helena, engaged in building a landing stage and Government schools, 40 years ago. Son, who was born on the island, asks.

                  Lloyd Scott

                  Scotland/Australia

                • LLOYD SCOTT
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                    LISTS OF PASSENGERS South Africa Magazine, October 16, 1909

                    ARRIVALS

                    Per the R.M.S. Walmer Castle, which arrived at Southampton last Saturday:

                     ST HELENA

                    Mrs. E. L. Jackson
                    Miss A. E. Gibbs
                    Mrs. Hoare

                    Lloyd Scott

                    Scotland/Australia

                  • LLOYD SCOTT
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                      Father: Robert Francis Holden BENNETT (Deceased), 41, Book Keeper, born in
                      Cape Town
                      Mother: Bertha SALTER?, 38, Lodginghouse Keeper, born in St. Helena
                      Child: No Name Male BENNETT
                      Born: 1/11/1895
                      Date of Marriage: 5/1/1883
                      Other Children: 2 sons, 2 daughters (living)
                      Residence: Clifton Villa, Pearson Street, Port Elizabeth
                      Witness: Dr. BRUCE

                      Lloyd Scott

                      Scotland/Australia

                    • foxhome
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005

                        Lloyd, Thanks for this info. This man has a distant sideways connection to my family tree. I have his wife’s name as Bertha Eden Baker. Otherwise it fits in with my info. Children’s names were  Rex, Mabel, Alan, Daisy and Percy.

                        Do you know what date this was from?

                        Thanks

                        Colin Fox

                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005
                          As a geneologist I am pleased that I could be of assistance to you. All donations are unquestionably accepted as I have moved to Scotland to conduct Geneology research for many persons.
                          This record is for a birth of a child on the 11 January 1895.

                          Thanking you

                          Lloyd Scott (geneologist)

                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

                            South Africa Death Notice

                            Reference #2732
                            Deceased: James William THOMAS
                            Birthplace/Nationality: St. Helena
                            Parents: William THOMAS
                            Age: 49 years, 8 months
                            Occupation: Stevedore
                            Residence:
                            Marital Status: Married
                            Surviving Spouse: Maria THOMAS (nee THOMAS)
                            Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death:
                            Place of Last Marriage:
                            Day of Decease: 12 August 1901
                            Where died: 28 Newmarket Street, Cape Town
                            Children/whether major or minor: Mary, minor; Agnes, minor; Isabella, minor; John, minor; Martin, minor; Frank, minor
                            Movable Property? Yes
                            Immovable Property?
                            Estate exceeds £300?
                            Will? Yes
                            Informant: Maria THOMAS, wife of deceased (her mark)
                            Dated at: Cape Town the: 16th day of: August 1901
                            Witness: P. M. BEAUFORT

                            Lloyd Scott

                            Australia/Scotland

                          • LLOYD SCOTT
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

                              South Africa Death Notice

                              Reference #555
                              Deceased: Eliza Ann HILL (nee ADAMS)
                              Birthplace/Nationality: Island of St. Helena, South Atlantic Ocean
                              Parents: Unknown HARRIS, "particulars ascertainable from Birth Certificate of deceased now being obtained"
                              Age: 48
                              Occupation:
                              Residence:
                              Marital Status: Married
                              Surviving Spouse: George Henry HILL
                              Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death: James ADAMS, died about 17 June 1904
                              Place of Last Marriage:
                              Day of Decease: 17 December 1906
                              Where died: 60 Foxhall Road, Blackpool, Lancaster, England
                              Children/whether major or minor: George Claude ADAMS, born 22nd September 1885, issue of the marriage of deceased with the said late James ADAMS
                              Movable Property? Yes
                              Immovable Property? Yes
                              Estate exceeds £300?
                              Will? Yes
                              Informant: George Claude ADAMS, son of deceased and Executor Nominate
                              Dated at: East London the: 13th day of: February 1907

                              Lloyd Scott

                              South Africa/Australia/Scotland

                            • debvaljenkins
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 13, 2005
                                ---

                                try the LDS family search,
                                this is excellent
                                good luck
                                deb

                                tryIn st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "cryswil27"
                                <cryswil27@y...> wrote:

                                > Where / how do I get- is it possible to obtain a list of all
                                marriages
                                > on the island between 1850-1900?
                                > Crystal

                              • tania.wicks
                                Message 15 of 19 , May 23, 2011
                                  I see this email was sent in 2000, however I think my great Grandmother may have possibly been Mary Thomas, a child of James William Thomas. I have tried to find this death record of the NAAIRS website, however it does not come up. Where was this record found?

                                  ANY help would be greatly appreciated
                                  Tania

                                  --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, LLOYD SCOTT <lloydcheyne2000@...> wrote