MARRIAGES

  • cryswil27
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 22, 2005
      Where / how do I get- is it possible to obtain a list of all marriages
      on the island between 1850-1900?
      Crystal
    • Genie Murphy
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 22, 2005
        Hi Crystal
        I have been wondering the same thing.  If you get any responses please share the information.
        Regards
        Genie
        On Sep 22, 2005, at 7:56 AM, cryswil27 wrote:

        Where / how  do I get- is it possible to obtain a list of all marriages
        on the island between 1850-1900?
        Crystal

        http://www.st-helena.org

        United kingdom calling card Calling united kingdom United kingdom flower delivery
        Call united kingdom United kingdom florist United kingdom phone card

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • LLOYD SCOTT

          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 25, 2005
            Try the LDS Family History Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa, which has a
            set of the St Helena records.

            Location:

            7 Jubilee Road
            Parktown
            Johannesburg
            South Africa

            Telephone: +27 11 645 1540
            Facsimile: +27 11 642 1218

            I'm not sure whether the other Family History Centres also have copies, but
            you can find one near you from the following URL:

            http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHC/library_fhc_find.asp

            Ron Wale

            From: LLOYD SCOTT <lloydcheyne2000@...>
            To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] MARRIAGES
            Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 23:46:36 +0100 (BST)

            Have you tried the Witwaterand University?

            Lloyd Scott
            Scotland

            Genie Murphy <genieandjim@...> wrote:
            Hi Crystal I have been wondering the same thing. If you get any responses
            please share the information.
            Regards
            Genie
            On Sep 22, 2005, at 7:56 AM, cryswil27 wrote:

            Where / how do I get- is it possible to obtain a list of all marriages
            on the island between 1850-1900?
            Crystal

            http://www.st-helena.org

            United kingdom calling card Calling united kingdom United kingdom flower
            delivery Call united kingdom United kingdom florist United kingdom phone
            card

            ---------------------------------

            http://www.st-helena.org

            ---------------------------------

            ---------------------------------
            Security Centre.

            Browse smarter with tabs - get the all-new MSN Search Toolbar!
            http://toolbar.msn.co.za?DI=1054&XAPID=2083
          • cryswil27
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 28, 2005
              --Thank you for the info - will check it out

              - In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Wale" <ronwale@h...>
              wrote:
              > Try the LDS Family History Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa,
              which has a
              > set of the St Helena records.
              >
              > Location:
              >
              > 7 Jubilee Road
              > Parktown
              > Johannesburg
              > South Africa
              >
              > Telephone: +27 11 645 1540
              > Facsimile: +27 11 642 1218
              >
              > I'm not sure whether the other Family History Centres also have
              copies, but
              > you can find one near you from the following URL:
              >
              > http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHC/library_fhc_find.asp
              >
              > Ron Wale
              >

              > From: LLOYD SCOTT <lloydcheyne2000@y...>
              > To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] MARRIAGES
              > Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 23:46:36 +0100 (BST)
              >
              > Have you tried the Witwaterand University?
              >
              > Lloyd Scott
              > Scotland
              >
              > Genie Murphy <genieandjim@m...> wrote:
              > Hi Crystal I have been wondering the same thing. If you get any
              > please share the information.
              > Regards
              > Genie
              > On Sep 22, 2005, at 7:56 AM, cryswil27 wrote:
              >
              > Where / how do I get- is it possible to obtain a list of all
              marriages
              > on the island between 1850-1900?
              > Crystal

              > For information on St Helena family history see
              > http://website.lineone.net/~sthelena/familyhistory.htm
              >
              > For the St Helena Institute's homepage see
              > http://www.st-helena.org

              > United kingdom calling card Calling united kingdom United kingdom
              flower
              > delivery Call united kingdom United kingdom florist United kingdom
              phone
              > card

              Service.

              > ---------------------------------

              > For information on St Helena family history see
              > http://website.lineone.net/~sthelena/familyhistory.htm
              >
              > For the St Helena Institute's homepage see
              > http://www.st-helena.org

              Service.

              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                BRAID, Eliza Carrol, 30, St. Helena, wife of Capt. Andrew BRAID, H.E.I.C.S.,
                9/13/1820

                Lloyd Scott

                Scotland/Australia

              • LLOYD SCOTT
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                  GRAVES, Sarah Hockwell, 35, St. Helena, Widow of Lansenid GRAVES, 11/25/1823

                  Lloyd Scott

                  Scotland/Australia

                • LLOYD SCOTT
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                    Father: George Archibald DULLISEAR, 24, Foreman Baker, born in St. Helena
                    Mother: Annie James, 25, born in St. Helena
                    Child: Harry Archibald DULLISEAR
                    Born: 1/7/1895
                    Date of Marriage: 7/12/1892
                    Other Children: 1 son (living)
                    Residence: Elizabeth Street, Port Elizabeth
                    Witness: Sarah, Nurse

                    Lloyd Scott

                    Scotland/Australia

                  • LLOYD SCOTT
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                      Father: Samuel BOWERS, 39, Municipal Labourer, born in St. Helena
                      Mother: Elizabeth BOWERS, 38, born in St. Helena
                      Child: Frederick Harold BOWERS
                      Born: 6/1/1895
                      Date of Marriage: 1882
                      Other Children: 4 sons, 2 daughters (living)
                      Residence: 38 Burness Street, Port Elizabeth
                      Witness: Mrs. MADATT, Nurse

                      Lloyd Scott

                      Scotland/Australia

                    • LLOYD SCOTT
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                        South Africa Magazine on January 8, 1910.

                        ST. HELENA

                        Mr. F. W. Humphrey

                        Lloyd Scott

                        Scotland/Australia

                      • LLOYD SCOTT
                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                          MISSING RELATIVES

                          MORTIMER, JOHN RICHARD, a stonemason, was last heard of at St. Helena, engaged in building a landing stage and Government schools, 40 years ago. Son, who was born on the island, asks.

                          Lloyd Scott

                          Scotland/Australia

                        • LLOYD SCOTT
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                            LISTS OF PASSENGERS South Africa Magazine, October 16, 1909

                            ARRIVALS

                            Per the R.M.S. Walmer Castle, which arrived at Southampton last Saturday:

                             ST HELENA

                            Mrs. E. L. Jackson
                            Miss A. E. Gibbs
                            Mrs. Hoare

                            Lloyd Scott

                            Scotland/Australia

                          • LLOYD SCOTT
                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 30, 2005

                              Father: Robert Francis Holden BENNETT (Deceased), 41, Book Keeper, born in
                              Cape Town
                              Mother: Bertha SALTER?, 38, Lodginghouse Keeper, born in St. Helena
                              Child: No Name Male BENNETT
                              Born: 1/11/1895
                              Date of Marriage: 5/1/1883
                              Other Children: 2 sons, 2 daughters (living)
                              Residence: Clifton Villa, Pearson Street, Port Elizabeth
                              Witness: Dr. BRUCE

                              Lloyd Scott

                              Scotland/Australia

                            • foxhome
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005

                                Lloyd, Thanks for this info. This man has a distant sideways connection to my family tree. I have his wife’s name as Bertha Eden Baker. Otherwise it fits in with my info. Children’s names were  Rex, Mabel, Alan, Daisy and Percy.

                                Do you know what date this was from?

                                Thanks

                                Colin Fox

                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 2, 2005
                                  As a geneologist I am pleased that I could be of assistance to you. All donations are unquestionably accepted as I have moved to Scotland to conduct Geneology research for many persons.
                                  This record is for a birth of a child on the 11 January 1895.

                                  Thanking you

                                  Lloyd Scott (geneologist)

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

                                    South Africa Death Notice

                                    Reference #2732
                                    Deceased: James William THOMAS
                                    Birthplace/Nationality: St. Helena
                                    Parents: William THOMAS
                                    Age: 49 years, 8 months
                                    Occupation: Stevedore
                                    Residence:
                                    Marital Status: Married
                                    Surviving Spouse: Maria THOMAS (nee THOMAS)
                                    Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death:
                                    Place of Last Marriage:
                                    Day of Decease: 12 August 1901
                                    Where died: 28 Newmarket Street, Cape Town
                                    Children/whether major or minor: Mary, minor; Agnes, minor; Isabella, minor; John, minor; Martin, minor; Frank, minor
                                    Movable Property? Yes
                                    Immovable Property?
                                    Estate exceeds £300?
                                    Will? Yes
                                    Informant: Maria THOMAS, wife of deceased (her mark)
                                    Dated at: Cape Town the: 16th day of: August 1901
                                    Witness: P. M. BEAUFORT

                                    Lloyd Scott

                                    Australia/Scotland

                                  • LLOYD SCOTT
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Oct 3, 2005

                                      South Africa Death Notice

                                      Reference #555
                                      Deceased: Eliza Ann HILL (nee ADAMS)
                                      Birthplace/Nationality: Island of St. Helena, South Atlantic Ocean
                                      Parents: Unknown HARRIS, "particulars ascertainable from Birth Certificate of deceased now being obtained"
                                      Age: 48
                                      Occupation:
                                      Residence:
                                      Marital Status: Married
                                      Surviving Spouse: George Henry HILL
                                      Pre-deceased Spouse/date of death: James ADAMS, died about 17 June 1904
                                      Place of Last Marriage:
                                      Day of Decease: 17 December 1906
                                      Where died: 60 Foxhall Road, Blackpool, Lancaster, England
                                      Children/whether major or minor: George Claude ADAMS, born 22nd September 1885, issue of the marriage of deceased with the said late James ADAMS
                                      Movable Property? Yes
                                      Immovable Property? Yes
                                      Estate exceeds £300?
                                      Will? Yes
                                      Informant: George Claude ADAMS, son of deceased and Executor Nominate
                                      Dated at: East London the: 13th day of: February 1907

                                      Lloyd Scott

                                      South Africa/Australia/Scotland

                                    • debvaljenkins
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Dec 13, 2005
                                        ---

                                        try the LDS family search,
                                        this is excellent
                                        good luck
                                        deb

                                        tryIn st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "cryswil27"
                                        <cryswil27@y...> wrote:

                                        > Where / how do I get- is it possible to obtain a list of all
                                        marriages
                                        > on the island between 1850-1900?
                                        > Crystal

                                      • tania.wicks
                                        Message 19 of 19 , May 23, 2011
                                          I see this email was sent in 2000, however I think my great Grandmother may have possibly been Mary Thomas, a child of James William Thomas. I have tried to find this death record of the NAAIRS website, however it does not come up. Where was this record found?

                                          ANY help would be greatly appreciated
                                          Tania

                                          --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, LLOYD SCOTT <lloydcheyne2000@...> wrote