Ellis`s from St Helena

  • robertarthurellis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2005
      I am researching my family history & have found a strong link to St
      Helena.I would be interested in hearing from anyone with info on the
      following names : Ellis,Wallace,Yon,Fagan,Henry,Scott,Augustus. There
      are a few more names but this is a start. I have quite a bit of info
      supplied by Maureen Stevens (The Archivist on the Island) but have
      quite a few missing links as well.
      Look forward to some replies. Rob Ellis
    • lloydcheyne2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2006
        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "robertarthurellis"
        <robertarthurellis@y...> wrote:

        > I am researching my family history & have found a strong link to St
        > Helena.I would be interested in hearing from anyone with info on the
        > following names : Ellis,Wallace,Yon,Fagan,Henry,Scott,Augustus. There
        > are a few more names but this is a start. I have quite a bit of info
        > supplied by Maureen Stevens (The Archivist on the Island) but have
        > quite a few missing links as well.
        > Look forward to some replies. Rob Ellis

        Thier seems to be some similarities with the names.
        Firstly My ggf Henry Scott married a Alicia Louisa Henry in South
        Africa in 1936. My gf ruffina Scott for some reason that I have not
        discovered yet visited Saint Helena Island quite regurlarly. Hios wife
        was Doris Stevens and she had a sister strange but true Maureen
        Stevens. Doris was born 1908 in South Africa. My ggf was Henry William
        Scott. He was born in Grahamstown South Africa. However I seemt o think
        he had links with Saint Helena for some reason. His father was also
        Henry William Scott. H W Scott my ggf had 4 sons in South
        Africa,John,Manuel,Wiener and Ruffina. If you or anyone recognise these
        names please email me. Ruffina Scott was my grandfather who made the
        regular trips to Saint Helena. He also mentioned that they put a
        garland around his neck when he arrived their. He was born 1908 and
        would have visited the Island between 1908 and 1936.