[St.H.Fam.Hist.] The Richards Family - SEARCHING FOR RICHARDS

  • susancockcroft
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2005

      I am a descendent of Jane Ann Essex (first married name) (1871 -
      1953) and (?) RICHARDS (died before 1908) who lived in St. Helena
      during the period 1895 – 1903. They were both born in the UK. Jane's
      husband was in the British Army, stationed at the St Helena Garrison
      during those years. I am not certain whether RICHARDS died in St
      Helena or whether it was soon after arriving in South Africa with his
      wife and children c 1901-1903.

      They had a number of children who died either at birth or in infancy.
      Their living children, born in St. Helena, were:

      1)Catherine Charlotte (Lottie)
      b.15.6.1890; d.1973, UK.
      married in South Africa: William George Straffon
      They returned to the UK in 1920 with their children.

      2)Edith (Edie)

      3)Lilian (Lily)

      4)Samuel Arthur

      Any help in tracing these births/deaths and any other descendents of
      Jane Ann and her first husband, RICHARDS, would be most appreciated.

      Rosemary Baker
      wowbaker@...
      South Africa

      http://www.st-helena.org