[St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re:Jan(s)sen family

  • joan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 10 4:15 PM
      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, caroline timm
      <carolinetimm2@y...> wrote:
      > thanks Caroline,
      looking forward to future communication.
      Regards, Joan

      > I will forward your e-mail to the Jansen I know, he is married to
      my cousin and is currently living in Spain but I know that the rest
      of his family, mother, father. brothers, sisters are all in South
      Africa, so I will forward this to him and ask him to get in touch
      with you soonest.

      genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "joan" <joandesilva@s...>
      > wrote:
      > > ?left for the cape early 1900's. mother Cornelia, children (14),
      my
      > > father-james Bartholomew
      >
      > hi Caroline,
      > I am a South african living abroad and have been unable to trace
      this
      > information through my Jansen family in Cape Town. Your info will
      be
      > much appreciated.
      > Regards,
      > Joan

      > For information on St Helena family history see
      > http://website.lineone.net/~sthelena/familyhistory.htm
      >
      > For the St Helena Institute's homepage see
      > http://www.st-helena.org

      > Flower united kingdom Call united kingdom St helena Family
      histories Ascension island

      Service.

      > Yahoo! Sports
    • Angela Booth
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11 5:53 PM

        Thanks for your reply, Crystal . The only other information I know for sure is that Alice was in England in 1891 with her two boys, but without her husband. She was still described as married, so I am, at this stage, assuming that he was still alive – possibly in S. Africa .  Percival was still there at the time of the 1901 census, but can’t find any of the others. Alice SPENCER’s brother went to S Africa (with Rhodes, according to family lore) and family lore also has it that Alice and her family followed.

        I would be most interested in anything you are happy to share, as I don’t have anything else to go on at this stage.

        Angela