Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: ward

  • Nirava
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2005
      Hi Genie,
      My granmother often mentioned 'Fain' Ward - they were good friends and my mother said she was married to Freddie Ward who was a policeman.  Maybe it was 'Fame' she was saying?
      Sally

      gnorris51 <genieandjim@...> wrote:
      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "fitter_highvolta" <kenith@f...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have relations now or in the past with the surname WARD
      > who
      > lived on saint Helena?
      >                         Ken

      Ken

      My name is Genie Murphy, I live in the US and know about Ward.  Fred Ward was the son of
      one of my Grandmother's sisters.  Fred's mother's name was Fainbridge Corker (They called
      her Fame)  He married Theresa they have a daughter living in the United States name Yelka
      Weaver - she lives in Norman Oklahoma.  I know a great deal about my family so you can
      email me directly if you like at  genieandjim@...      Are you related???

      Regards,
      Genie

      http://www.st-helena.org

    • Genie Murphy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2005
        I believe that Fain is correct - I heard Fain as Fame as a child - therein lies the confusion.  I am excited to learn of our connection - more later
        On Jun 14, 2005, at 3:15 PM, Nirava wrote:

        Hi Genie,
        My granmother often mentioned 'Fain' Ward - they were good friends and my mother said she was married to Freddie Ward who was a policeman.  Maybe it was 'Fame' she was saying?
        Sally

        gnorris51 <genieandjim@...> wrote:
        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "fitter_highvolta" <kenith@f...> wrote:
        > Does anyone have relations now or in the past with the surname WARD
        > who
        > lived on saint Helena?
        >                         Ken

        Ken

        My name is Genie Murphy, I live in the US and know about Ward.  Fred Ward was the son of
        one of my Grandmother's sisters.  Fred's mother's name was Fainbridge Corker (They called
        her Fame)  He married Theresa they have a daughter living in the United States name Yelka
        Weaver - she lives in Norman Oklahoma.  I know a great deal about my family so you can
        email me directly if you like at  genieandjim@...      Are you related???

        Regards,
        Genie

        http://www.st-helena.org