Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Fw: Youde

  • Frank Craig
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2014
      There is a society called Friends of Saint Helena (FOSH) who have transcribed the slave lists. You can join them for a small fee and then access these lists.

      Regards

      Frank F Craig

      On Sunday, 24 August 2014, 7:31, "Paul Hendy youde14@... [st-helena-genealogy]" <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      On Saturday, 23 August 2014, 18:48, Paul Hendy <youde14@...> wrote:

      Hello everyone. My name is Paul, and in recent years have grown interested in the ascension islands, particularly st Helena.    Lately i read of the slaves/former slaves on the island and am trying find some history on individuals.   I think that it was quiet often the case that slaves went by the surnames of their owners, and some kept those names to this day.  I am looking for any history on the family with the surname Youde.  If anyone can put me right, or give any information, i would be eternally grateful.   Thank  you.

    • youde14
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 26, 2014
        Thanks Frank, much appreciated.