Chamberlain Family of St. Helena

  • leonie582002
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2004
      I am a descendent of William CHAMBERLAIN (1759 - 1805) and Susanna
      Hayes ( b.1771)who were both born in St. Helena.

      Their children,all born in St. Helena, were:

      Ann Maria (b.1787) married Henry Sutton Cole
      Eleanor
      Mary
      Catherine
      Margaret (b.1794)
      William Robert (b.1796)
      Charlotte Penelope
      Henry Joseph ( 1800 -1825) married Mary Reichenback
      Eliza Georgina

      My line is through Henry Joseph Chamberlain and Mary Reichenback.
      They had two children, also born in St. Helena, John Henry (b.1822)
      and Charlotte Mary Ann (1824 -1888). Charlotte married Frederick
      Samuel Richards (born in Clapham, Surrey, England in 1814) at
      Simontown, Cape of Good Hope, Africa, in 1843 and they emigrated to
      Australia.

      Any help in tracing the other descendents of William Chamberlain and
      Susanna Hayes, as well as Mary Reichenback's origins, would be most
      appreciated.

      Leonie Foley
      Australia
    • sigridmcmahon
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2004
        Hi Leonie,
        I have a Mary Chamberlain who apparently in 1815 married Saul Solomon
        (1776-1852)(his second marriage), the brother of our ggg-grandfather
        Lewis Gideon. Age/timewise it would fit with your Chamberlain
        details. Saul's brother Benjamin Solomon apparently married Eliza
        Chamberlain in 1823, also on St. Helena. These are rather new finds
        and I need to do a bit more work.
        Regards,
        Sigi