Clingham and Peters family in St Helena Island

  • lisa skinner
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 19, 2014
      I am trying to trace some of my ancestors linked to my grandmother Olga I Clingham.
      Her mother was Beatrice Maud Peters 1913-2011 from the Longwood area who married William Clingham.
      Her grandmother was Eva Maud who took the married surname of Peters.
      My grandmother has 5 sisters and 1 brother some of which are here in the UK and others still in St Helena.
      Could anyone help with any information for me please?

    • frankfcraig@yahoo.co.uk
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 21, 2014

        I have some Cling ham ancestors on Saint Helena. Search on the
        Site and you will find the posts

        Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 21, 2014
          Thankyou. Ive tried searching the site but cant find your mentioned clingham and peters info?
          On Monday, April 21, 2014 5:22 PM, "frankfcraig@..." <frankfcraig@...> wrote:

          I have some Cling ham ancestors on Saint Helena. Search on the
          Site and you will find the posts

          I am trying to trace some of my ancestors linked to my grandmother Olga I Clingham.
          Her mother was Beatrice Maud Peters 1913-2011 from the Longwood area who married William Clingham.
          Her grandmother was Eva Maud who took the married surname of Peters.
          My grandmother has 5 sisters and 1 brother some of which are here in the UK and others still in St Helena.
          Could anyone help with any information for me please?

        • lisalouiseskinner1979
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2014

            Im still looking for any info on more recent Clingham  and Peters ancestors from the island.

            Olga I Clingham b.1933 on the island. Left for London to arrive 25 Oct 1949 on the Dunnotar Castle passenger ship from Mombassa. Shipping line Union-Castle Mail steamship Co

            FATHER - William Clingham

            MOTHER - Beatrice Maud Peters b.1913 - 2011 Longwood, St Helena

            GRANDMOTHER - Eva Maud possibly Jamestown

          • craigleher
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 21 6:25 PM

              Hi

              I have a great grand father from the island his name was William Charles Peters his wife is Suzetta Stevens (maiden surname ) They had a son born in November 1906 name is Cecil Robert Peters born in Jamestown. they left the island between 1906 and 1914 as my granny was born in Rhodesia in 1914, they had may children in their family.

              they may have been cousins?

              Have you heard of my great grand parents?

              or have any info on them as they were Peters.

              Regards

              Craig