Ancesters

  • fatimafeue
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2014

      Hi Everyone,

      I want to trace my ancesters who I believe came from St Helena,   I have hardly anyting to go about, except that I was told that the Name of my Great Great-grandfather was from the Island of St Helena, and how he came to end up in South Africa, I do not know but that his Name was Robert Williams, the father of my Great-grandmother , Frances Williams , ( Married to Michael Levack) who both  lived and died in  South Africa.

      Frances Williams had a sister, Emillie Williams, more I don't know. Can anybody please assist me?

    • Carolyn Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19, 2014
        Hi:

        When was he born? The Friends of St. Helena have records transcribed by Colin Fox that cover the early 1800s that include several Williams, both free and enslaved. http://sthelena.uk.net/. I have also used the British India Records through findmypast.co.uk and the British Library online which includes early records from St. Helena-- see http://indiafamily.bl.uk/ui/GeographicalScope.aspx.

        Carolyn Williams

        Carolyn C. Williams