Cowpert(h)wait(e)/Pole Family

  • gildav2004
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 4:27 PM
      Hi all,

      I am fairly new to this list and would like to post my interest in
      the Island.

      My Husband's GGG/Father was born on the Isle of St Helena according
      to the 1861 British Census of Radford, Nottinhgam.

      His name was James COWPERTWAIT and he was born on the Island c 1830
      and was a British Subject. I am assuming from that information that
      his Father was in the British Army based on St. Helena. I have been
      unable to find any christening for James or any record of his birth
      or parentage. James eventually settled in Nottingham and married
      Sarah Ann POLE Abt 1854 in Leicestershire. Besides James they had
      10 other known children, Susan 1856, Henry 1857, Isabella 1858, John
      1864,John Thomas 1865, Sarah Ann 1867, Mary 1869, Sarah 1870, Maria
      Louise 1873, and George 1875.

      If anyone can help or point me in the right direction of James's
      parents or are related to this family in any way, I would love to
      hear from them. All pointers gratefully received.

      Regards, Gill Wilmot