Henry Broadway (Captain) (1788 - 16 Aug 1836)

  • Gillian Loffell
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7 5:18 PM
      Good morning All,

      Henry Broadway (1788 - 1836) was my maternal Third Great Grandfather. He married Elizabeth Torbett (1790 - 1820) who died aged 30. Henry then married Eliza Cole (1791 - )

      I have the names and birth dates of Henry's 12 children, but very little else.

      Does anyone have further information about this family, please.

      Thank you,

      Gillian
    • Richard Vickery
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2014
      Hi Gillian,

      If you get yourself a 14 day free trial on ancestry.com you'll find a gaggle of trees and other public information about the person you're seeking. He is connected to several others in a discussion thread I am in involving Youngs that has brought out information about Bagelys, Alexanders and Broadways.

      I found the following info on ancestry.com

      rgds//Richard

      --
      Rgds//Richard
    • Ramon Allen
      Message 3 of 3 , Jun 8, 2014

        Hi St Helena Genealogy

        Who, if anyone, can tell me about the Connor – or O’Connor Family. Elsie Connor/O’Connor was my dad’s mother – my paternal grandmother. Somehow she landed got to South Africa – then the Cape Colony in the late 1800/very early 1900’s and married my grandfather Alexander Corner Allen in about 1910/1912. He, a healthy Irishman, had come to the Cape with the British Forces. She was an Australian – but somehow my dad says/believes that she was from St Helena.

        Anyone one know anything!

        Regards

        RAA

        Cell: 082 821 9591

        Mail: Ramon.Allen@...

        Office: 119 Main Road, Beaconsfield, Kimberley, 8315, South Africa