Yon / Kilpatrick

  • Anisa Abed
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2014
      Good-evening

      Hope all of u r well?

      Im searching (without any luck) for any information all the Yon family. I'm told without confirmation tht the Yon family orginate from Scotland - where they were known as Kilpatrick's & later for wateva political reasons had changed their surname to Yon.

      My grand-mother was Ethel Elizabeth Yon. Born in 1902. Her brother was RA Yon.

      Any sense of direction will be greatly appreciated

      Warm Regards
    • A. Russ
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2014
        Checking into it.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2014
          Hello there,

          Sailed to Cape town on the RMS in 93 and stayed the week at the Consulate Guest House then owned and run by Ivy Yon (I think that was her maiden rather than married surname). I do not remember any mention of Scottish ancestry/background.

          A long time ago but may be of some help to you.

          Regards and Best Wishes

          To: "st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com" <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 7, 2014
            My grandfather was born on the island, Walter Cooper in 1902, I remember going with them to visit friends in Wynberg Cape Town as a little girl and they were "the Yons" as my gran would say, also from St Helena, will never forget them as they always had a table filled with the most delicous snacks, unfortunately both my grandparents have passed so I am unable to get any info.
            Cheryl Gerber