WARD FAMILY (around 1860),

  • Trevor Gladwell
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 7, 2014
      Good Evening

      My Name is Trevor Gladwell I will be visiting St HELENA at the end of Jan 2014.

      I am hoping to learn more about my family history during the visit. My link to St Helena is through Thomas Cusheon and Charlott(e) Ward.

      Thomas was post to St HELENA with the British Army, (57th /ST HELENA Regt) where he met his wife with Charlott(e) Ward. I have the family tree from them some photocopies of photos from the wedding including Charlott(e) parents - George and Margaret Ward.

      Hopefully someone can help with the Ward family as I understand they had been on the island for sometime.

      Thank you for your time
    • hannahmayerry88
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 7
        Hi! My name is Hannah Terry and I'm from Australia. George and Margaret ward are my great-great-great grandparents, there daughter Edith was my Grans mother. You wouldn't have any information you might want to pass on? I've just started researching.
        Regards
        Hannah
      • Jessie Moodley`
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 7
          I found information on the LDS website (Latter Day Saints) .There  are research centres all over the world, which is accessible online. By clicking on the map and and the area you will find the centres. Search the pedigree files. they are very informative. The church records of St Helena will be found under parish registers of the Church of South Africa. It is the records of the Anglican church in St Helena. I found Marriage and baptism certificates of my Great great grandfather. But I am still searching for the records of my great grandfather who was Albert Hunter, and his father was either Montgomery Hunter or Orby ( Arby) Montgomery Hunter

          On Friday, August 7, 2015 2:33 PM, "hannahmayerry88@... [st-helena-genealogy]" <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Hi! My name is Hannah Terry and I'm from Australia. George and Margaret ward are my great-great-great grandparents, there daughter Edith was my Grans mother. You wouldn't have any information you might want to pass on? I've just started researching.
          Regards
          Hannah

        • ken smith
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 7
            Dear Hanna,
            My wife is a descendent of the Wards, we have been researching the family tree for along time. Our interest is Ann Elizabeth Ward but looking up my notes I have the names you require.
            There are relations all over the world, from America to New Zealand to England and Ireland. These people have no doubt contacted you, if you require information please contact me.
            Ken/Margaret Smith

            Message Received: Aug 07 2015, 01:33 PM
            From: "hannahmayerry88@... [st-helena-genealogy]" <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>
            To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: WARD FAMILY (around 1860),

            Hi! My name is Hannah Terry and I'm from Australia. George and Margaret ward are my great-great-great grandparents, there daughter Edith was my Grans mother. You wouldn't have any information you might want to pass on? I've just started researching.
            Regards
            Hannah
          • Next Chapter Invitations
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 7

              Hi, I’m new to this group. These are the first messages I’ve received and I can’t seem to figure out how to post a message. Jessie are you able to post a link to the records you mention? I can’t find the St Helenan register in the South African records. I’m trying to piece together the Benjamin family tree. My g-g-grandfather was William Ishmael Benjamin and I’m trying to trace his parents. I’m not certain they were from St Helena, I only make this inference because of other St Helenan connections in my tree. Also looking for records for Mary Gertrude Benjamin who was definitely born in St Helena. The Benjamin family is hard to trace because they hailed from slaves who took their owners name. So all Benjamins are not neccesarily related. Any help on the Benjamin’s of St Helena would be most appreciated.

              Many thanks

              Monique

            • charlesx@xtra.co.nz
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 7
                This is a real long shot but my wife's grandmother was born in New Zealand in 1901 to a Sophie Ward from Australia.

                Baby was left with foster parents but was brought up entirely by same. Sophie Ward disappeared and probably went back to Australia. My wife has searched for years but has found nothing to date.

                Sophie was about 20 at time so born about 1880-81.

                Would be most interested to hear from you if you have any ideas.

                Regards Chas Le Breton
              • charlesx@xtra.co.nz
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 8
                  Hi Monique.

                  I mainly just read this groups messages but pretty easy to post. You need to log on (after pressing REPLY TO WEB at bottom of my message) then click on REPLY at the top right of message column.

                  My interest for info' mainly is Le Breton line emanating from Captain Le Breton who settled in early 1800's from UK.

                  This may not be only way but it works for me.

                  Regards Chas Le Breton
                • Next Chapter Invitations
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 8

                    Many thanks Chas, I’ll try that.