malone on st.helena

  • peter_cluer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2004
      my g g grandfather was called lawrence malone.he was born in
      dangan,meath,ireland in 1810.he was in the st.helena regiment from
      1827-1836 i think with the east india company.he attested for the
      royal artillery whilst on the island in 1836 and stayed there as a
      private in the 3rd battalion until they returned to england in 1844 i
      cant find anything relating to his marriage in the english bmd and i
      was wondering if he could have been married while stationed on the
      island.his wifes name was elizabeth barwell.could anyone point me in
      the right direction for getting info from the island.any help would
      be much appreciated .thank you.