RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Maria Bolton

  • Clive Alexander
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2013

      Hi Debra

      Having a quick look through some St Helena Records I find, in the St Helena marriage records from1853-1920, that James Yon married an 18 year old Angelina Bolton on 6 Jan 1862. Obviously this cannot be your GG grandmother, but it does show that there were Boltons on the Island. I hope this serves to keep  your hopes up.

      Clive Alexander

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2013

        Thank you Clive! I appreciate the information and the encouragement!

        Thank you,

        Debra

        ---In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, <clivealex@...> wrote:

        Debra

        Looking through the St Helena Records from 1673 to 1835.

        There are a few Boltons mentioned. Martha, Thomas, and an unnamed sister to George Sheldon. There is also a reference to a widow Bolton. There is also a reference to “Bolton’s land” which seems to mean that he was a planter, not that that says much, most of the people there were planters.

        Keep up the search

        Clive Alexander