Shiel-Smith family history

  • gandolf458
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 10:21 AM
      I am looking for help in researching family history on Joseph and Sybil Shiel-Smith and their family. They had 4 daughters, Leigh, Barbra, Daphne, and Patsy. I know Daphne was born on the island 2/16/1027 and was the second youngest. Her mother Sybil ran a local food establishment but the family left the island for South Africa somewhere in the range of 1944 to 1947 I believe. Any information on who to contact or where to contact would be greatly appreciated

      John
    • gandolf458
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2013

        correction to the above, Daphne was born 2/16/1927 and Leigh was born 6/17/1923. Any information on how to look up birth records and family history would be greatly appreciated.

        John