RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Ellis

  • Hilary Whelan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2013
      Hi Lisa

      I'm not sure whether you have seen the information on the UK Border Agency website about Uk Ancestry visa but I am attaching a link for you just in case you haven't stating the requirements:-

      http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/guidance/ecg/wrk2/wrk2-3/

      It appears from WRK 2.3.2 that you might not be eligible to apply since your grandfather wasn't born in the UK (or Channel islands, Isle of man) but this offical website isn't particularly easy to follow.  Please note if you apply and then find that you are not eligible, you won't get your visa fee back so please do make sure you are before you send any visa application.

      Best wishes
      Hilary (UK)

      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      From: leighsa_5@...
      Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 07:33:43 -0700
      Subject: RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Ellis

      Hi Linda,

      thanks!  I will look into it.  i have my grandfather passport...but Im looking into ancensor visa possibility.  Will have a look at the site you sent me.

      thanks!

      “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Reed

      From: leighsa_5@...
      Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 10:07:51 +0000
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Ellis

      Hi there,

      My name is Lisa Ellis and I live in South Africa. My grandfather was born in St. Helena. His name: Charles Ellis, born 4 April 1898.

      I am investigating whether our family can apply for a British ancestor visa, if we have my grandfather original birth certificate.

      has anyone have experience in this? .....that could share with me how i should go about it - and whether it is at all possible.

      thanks so much
      Lisa Ellis

    • Lisa Ellis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2013
        Hi Hilary,

        thank you for your response.  i appreciate it!
        Will look into it, but will bear that in mind.

        Thanks so much!!

        Regards,
        LISA

        To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com