Re: Mary Jane CHAPMAN born 1869 St Helena

  • Ed Storey
    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2013
      I looked in the War Office: Printed Annual Army Lists.  This is for officers only.  If the John Chapman was not an officer, I can't help much.  In the 1869 edition (Available at digital Microfilm download from the British National Archive.)  There is a Lt. John Fryer Chapman in the 7th reg't of Dragoon Guards.

      there are also lots of Royal Engineers listed.  No doubt, they were deployed around the world, not as a regiment, but as smaller groups.

      ECS
    • A. Russ
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2013
        Hi,
        Do you have any military records on Douglas Harvey?
        Thanks,
        Alan

        I looked in the War Office: Printed Annual Army Lists.  This is for officers only.  If the John Chapman was not an officer, I can't help much.  In the 1869 edition (Available at digital Microfilm download from the British National Archive.)  There is a Lt. John Fryer Chapman in the 7th reg't of Dragoon Guards.

        there are also lots of Royal Engineers listed.  No doubt, they were deployed around the world, not as a regiment, but as smaller groups.

        ECS

      • Sonia Lane
        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2013
          Hi,
          Thank you for your help.  My John Chapman (full name John Burrow Chapman) was not an officer, was first Sapper and then Private, Royal Engineers.   It's possible he was only in St Helena for a short spell, between 1869 and c.1871.
          Thanks for looking.

          Sonia

          Message 4 of 6 , May 31, 2013
            Hi,
            No, I'm sorry, can't help with Douglas Harvey.

            Sonia