Tracing the Lillico connection on St Helena

  • ls255eu
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2005
      My wifes great grandfather, Phillip Lillico, was born on St Helena in
      1860.His father Robert Lillico, born South Shields in the north east
      of England in 1831, married a young woman called Elizabeth from St
      Helena. I have no marriage information, however I estimate she was
      probably born @ 1835.In addition to Phillip another two of their four
      children were born on St Helena, James Lillico b1858 and Laura b1862.
      Between 1862 and 1865 they returned to England where their other two
      children were born,William in 1865, born in Hampshire and Thomas in
      1871 born in Durham.

      I am interested to find out who Elizabeth was and the origins of her
      family,what marriage records may or may not exist relating to their
      union, and whether Roberts father was on the island during Napoleons
      exile on the island. Any help would be gratefully received.

      With Best wishes,

      Neil.