Roberts family

  • Sandra Roberts
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2013
      Good day

      Is  there someone that can tell me something about the Roberts family that lived on the Island in the 1800 please.
      I saw an article that people worked for them, so not sure what kind of work or company they might have had. Of if they were in the Army.
      Many thanks
      Sandra
    • Clive Alexander
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2013

        Good day Sandra,

        The only Roberts I can find was Richard Mullins Roberts (no dates) who married Annie Elizabeth Catherine Alexander (1866-1950) of Cape Town, in 1896. Obviously Richard had left the Island by then. They had a daughter, Kathleen Emma Mullins Roberts, (1898-1952), who married Thomas Edward Hancock. They had a daughter Peggy Hancock who married James Horn. I can find no info as to Richard’s occupation, but most likely he worked on one of the plantations there.

        I hope this helps.

        Regards.

        Clive Stanbridge Alexander.