Re: Weston Families

  • dennisbushking
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 24, 2013
      Hi Chris
      In going through the archives I came across your 2009 query. Not sure if you have found George Ormby Weston b 28 Mar 1812 who married Clarissa Penelope Seal 25 Apr 1860. George was son of Charles and Sarah Weston and had a brother Henry Yates Weston who married Sarah Margaret Alexander on 17 Dec 1831. I am linked to their sister Julia b 3 Apr 1806 who married george Whalley Melliss 13 may 1827.
      Dennis

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "chrisioy" <chrisioy@...> wrote:

      > I see that there has been some more recent activity on the site, including some intriguing mentions of schools run by Mrs Weston and Henry Weston. I am thus re-posting an earlier message in the hope that that some of you might be able to help.
      >
      > I am looking for some assistance in tracing my g-grandfather George Weston who married Annie Sim, nee Bagley in 1882 in St John's Church on the Island. He and his children (my grandmother plus her siblings) came to Cape Town in about 1891,but I am looking to connect George - born about 1857 or 1859 to the previous Westons on the Island. Charles Weston was Marshall and Jailer around 1821 at the time of Napoleon's imprisonment and I have traced his descendants for 2 more generations, but which of his descendants was George Weston's father I cannot
      > establish at present.
      >
      > Regards
      > Chris Everett
      > Cape Town, South Africa

    • shonabell64
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 28, 2014
        Charles Weston (was apparently from Ireland and lived on St Helena) also had 2 daughters: Sara Maria Weston and Rosa Weston.

        Sara Maria Weston married Richard Prince Hopewell on 2.9.1863

        They are my GG Grandparents.

        Richard Hopewell and Sara Weston had 3 children: Matilda, Samuel & Emma Hopewell.

        Emma Hopewell married Ralph Truebody Adams.

        Shona

      • shonabell64
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 28, 2014
          CORRECTION……

          On the other hand - I have just found this from my G Uncle:

          Charles Weston (b. 1776) married Sarah Yates (bap. 1879 & daughter of Thomas Yates)

          They had a son SON: Joseph Weston (b 9.7.1804) who married Harriet Truebody (bap. 27.11.1814 d. 21.10.1844) on 7 May 1831.

          They had 3 children:
          CHARLES ORMSBY WESTON (b 31.1.1832)
          THOMAS MICHAEL WESTON (b 27.6.1834)
          SARA MARIA WESTON (b.19.5.1839 d. 29.10.1873) (she is my GG Grandmother)

          Shona
        • ecs7fg
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2014

            More to Weston families

            On line there is a book by Chaplin that covers a St Helena Who's Who during the time of Napoleon.  In the book there is a list of marriage and the Weston - Yates marriage is included and stated as having occurred in 1803.

            Ed of Falcon