St. Helena British Garrison muster rolls

  • wmck46
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14 3:13 PM
      I have found a Pension & Muster Roll film number for St. Helena which I could obtain through the Family Search organization. It is supposed to contain the muster rolls for 1816-1821, but it mentions troops of the India Company. My ancestor served in the 66th. Regiment of Foot on St. Helena during Napoleon's exile there, a regular British Regiment. My question, if anyone could answer it for me, is would these muster rolls also include the names of the garrison of regular troops guarding Napoleon? If anyone could shed any light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
    • Ed Storey
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15 9:43 AM
        there is a book, available in full on Google Books: St. Helena: The Historic Island by E. L. Jackson

        It does not list everyone in the army during Napoleon's exile but it will help understand the big picture.  In addition, Hart's Annual Army List is available on Google Books and Hathi Trust.  It came out every year and lists British regiments.  From this, you can tell what regiments were on St. Helena and when.

        ECS