Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Pantaleon Guerra b. 1846

  • Cathy Barraza
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2005
      I don't have much more to go on but all of the names, dates and places fit in with the info I have on my gg-grandfather. And the fact that the family in question ended up in Nuevo Leon, Mx. where all or most of my Mexican ancestors were from makes it very likely that it refers to him.  His place of birth is referred to in the pedigree resource files more specifically as:"Saint Helena, Saint Helena Colony, Atlantic Islands" and it is found under the category "International Genealogical Index-Ocean Islands". The South Carolina island would likely be categorized with North American rather than with International info, don't you think? Still, you got me wondering...I'll look into it further. Thanks a bunch.

      Cathy
      "A.H.Schulenburg" <ahs@...> wrote:
      I wonder if the St Helena in question is St Helena Island, South Carolina,
      which is also in the Atlantic.

      Do you have nay further information?

      Regards,
      Alexander Schulenburg