Re: legg and wade family

  • Ed Storey
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
      Both the 1825 & 1829 editions of the East India Register list

      Edward Fowler as "Clerk of the Market"
      &
      William Fowler as sup. public sales.

      I do not know what these titles really meant.

      Ed Storey

    • Kevin Sykes
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
        Hi Shirley

        My 3rd great grandfather was the Hon. Thomas Edmund Fowler (1823 - 1900) from St Helena Island. His son, William Nathaniel Scott Fowler (my 2nd great grandfather) moved to South Africa around 1880 and started a family.

        I have done a fair amount of research on the Fowler family but have not come across Laura Penelope Fowler before. Do you have any further details with regard to her family?

        Regards,

        Kevin Sykes

        On 6 March 2013 13:59, wirebird.5654 <wirebird.5654@...> wrote:

        My name is Shirley green (prev Legg) and I am from St.Helena (Levelwood), I am trying to find out more about my maternal grandmother her name was Laura Penelope Fowler married to Charles David Wade. If anybody knows anything about her I would love to know!

      • Shirley Green

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
            Any mention of Laura Penelope Fowler 1877