legg and wade family

  • wirebird.5654
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6 5:59 AM
      My name is Shirley green (prev Legg) and I am from St.Helena (Levelwood), I am trying to find out more about my maternal grandmother her name was Laura Penelope Fowler married to Charles David Wade. If anybody knows anything about her I would love to know!
    • Ed Storey
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8 7:46 AM
        Both the 1825 & 1829 editions of the East India Register list

        Edward Fowler as "Clerk of the Market"
        &
        William Fowler as sup. public sales.

        I do not know what these titles really meant.

        Ed Storey

      • Kevin Sykes
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8 9:00 AM
          Hi Shirley

          My 3rd great grandfather was the Hon. Thomas Edmund Fowler (1823 - 1900) from St Helena Island. His son, William Nathaniel Scott Fowler (my 2nd great grandfather) moved to South Africa around 1880 and started a family.

          I have done a fair amount of research on the Fowler family but have not come across Laura Penelope Fowler before. Do you have any further details with regard to her family?

          Regards,

          Kevin Sykes

          On 6 March 2013 13:59, wirebird.5654 <wirebird.5654@...> wrote:

          My name is Shirley green (prev Legg) and I am from St.Helena (Levelwood), I am trying to find out more about my maternal grandmother her name was Laura Penelope Fowler married to Charles David Wade. If anybody knows anything about her I would love to know!

        • Shirley Green

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 17 2:46 PM
              Any mention of Laura Penelope Fowler 1877