Stark family

  • highpriestessofalchemy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5 12:10 PM
      Dear Group

      My GGGrandfather was born in Leeds in C1820 and had his first child in
      Leeds in c1839 but all his other children including my GGrandfather
      were born on StHelena from about 1843 to 1853.

      GGGrandfather was a cloth weaver so not sure how he ended up on StH- I
      have tried military leads but no avail.

      Any help and suggestions as to why he might have been on St H would so appreciated

      Jackie Stark
    • Clive Alexander
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6 12:46 AM

        Jackie, we need your ancestor’s names, and dates if possible, in order to find an answer.

        There are at least 5 Stark’s (without the “e”) listed on the 1820 settler site. This could be a starting point. I have found many of my ancestors there.

        Clive