Re: Ref. Family name: Fagan

  • artoriousellis
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 3 10:32 PM
      Hi Alan,
      I wish I were in your shoes , my Great grandfather was Emily Louisa`s brother,Edward.I would one day like to visit the Island but it would be quite an undertaking from Brisbane.I have a great deal I would like to find out about my family so I will have to make the trip one day.
      Enjoy,Regards
      Rob

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hale <hale_alan@...> wrote:

      > Dear Member
      >
      > My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.
      >
      > I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on the island with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.
      >
      > I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.
      >
      > Thank you in anticipation.
      >
      > Alan
      >
      > Alan Hale

    • John Coyle
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 5 3:21 PM

        Hi Rob – where in Brisbane? I’m in New Farm!

        John

        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hale wrote:

        > Dear Member
        >
        > My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.
        >
        > I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on the island with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.
        >
        > I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.
        >
        > Thank you in anticipation.
        >
        > Alan
        >
        > Alan Hale

      • artoriousellis
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 16 7:12 PM
          Hi John,
          I am in Sinnamon Park(near Jindalee). What family names are you researching from St Helena?
          Regards
          Rob
          --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "John Coyle" <jcoyle@...> wrote:

          > Hi Rob – where in Brisbane? I'm in New Farm!
          >

          > John

        • John Coyle
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 17 2:27 PM

            Hi Rob – I’m not actually researching family names, my interest in the group lies in my having lived on the island from 1967-69: my initial thought was that I might be able to help with enquiries, but most of them are related to much earlier times.

            I do have one question: sometime in the 1940’s or early 1950’s my grandmother hosted a St. Helenian lady named Joan at her house in Hutton, in Essex, and my mother cannot recall the surname – obviously I am curious as to who it might have been.

            Regards