Cruz Genealogy

  • terri_sager
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19 7:41 AM
      I am researching my father's ancestors. My great grandfather, John M. Cruz, was born 4 Jan 1882, married 27 July 1908 to Rebecca Helen Perry, died 3 July 1968. The 1910 census for Hawaii shows John's father was born in England, the 1930 census shows his father from St Helena and his marriage records shows his father's name as Monday Cruz from St Helena and deceased, mother's name Hattie living in Honolulu. That is all I know about my great and great great grandparents. I did find several newspaper articles in chroniclingamerica.loc.gov. in Hawaii from 1895-1906 about a William Crewes (aka William "Monday" Crewes) born in England, died in Honolulu, and Monte Crewes, "an old sailor from St Helena", drowned in the Nuuanu Stream, Honolulu, Hawaii and "Monday" Crewes, Crews and Cruz with no mention of family or family history.

      Has anyone heard of Monday or Monte Cruz, birth date should be around 1850-1855? Please respond here or to nplcat1@.... Thank you for any assisting and for letting me post this message in this group.

      Terri A. Sager