Stapleys of St Helena

  • sheelaghnoble
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2013
      Does anyone have any information of a Stapley family from St Helena that came to Durban, Natal some time in the 1870's? Four children were born in St Helena: George Henry Stapley born c 1856, Louisa Esther Stapley born c 1860, John Thomas Stapley born c 1864 and Harriet Jane Stapley born c 1865. Louisa Esther Stapley married in 1877 in Durban "at the house of Major Stapley". He might be the father, but we are not sure. But we do know that the parents of these four were George and Eliza Stapley. Any information or advice would be greatfully received. Where can we access birth and marriage records for St Helena for this period?

      Thanks

      Sheelagh Noble