Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] re Lady Patricia Hammond

  • hysperella
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2013
      In 1816 James Ellick married Johanna they had 3 sons James Edward, Patrick and John, patrick Ellick was baptised in 1816 by Rev R.Boys,  James Edward and John and also a daughter Mary Ann all had the surname of Alexander,  Patrick was apprenticed to Adam Hampton as a carpenter. he left the island on ship called Lady Flora where he went to london.and later married.  We have been told that one of our relatives was Gaoler to Napoleon. there is also a connection with the East india company. I think maybe the name Hammond was from Ireland.

      Best wishes,

      Hilary

      In a message dated 09/02/2013 11:40:51 GMT Standard Time, clivealex@... writes:

      I cannot find that the name Hammond is at all linked to the Alexander family tree in South Africa or Britain. There might be a connection on the American side, but I doubt it. You will have to concentrate on the other two possibilities

      Regards

      Clive Alexander

      South Africa