Re: British Garrison Guarding Napoleon

  • Ed Storey
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2013
      to learn about British guarding Napoleon,  I would start with books written about Napoleon on St Helena, because it is an easy place to look.  On Google Books for example, there is a book by E. L. Jackson.  It was written about 1850 and talks about Napoleon.  It does not list every soldier, of course, but there are some mentioned.  Mostly, it will provide an understanding of what it was like.  There are other books as well.  this is just an example.  Look in WorldCat for more books.

      If you are looking for an officer, they would be listed in Hart's Annual Army List, also available online.

      Ed Storey