RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Lilian and Florence Alexander

  • Clive Alexander
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2013

      Hi Cousin,

      Yes indeed we are related. The Seale website did not help very much, but from leads I got from it I landed up on the Kriste family tree. There I hit the mother lode.

      Richard Alexander (1652-1683) was the first Alexander to arrive on St Helena, in 1673. He was married twice and had 3 children. The eldest, John, married 3 times and had 22 children!!!!!. They didn’t mess about in those days, hey?

      The 6th child of the 3rd marriage, (to Mary Maxwell), was George (1725-1805). He had 13 children. Number 11 was Frederick Augustus, my direct ancestor. Mary was his second child. So we are not all that far apart.

      It you like you can see my family tree at http://tinyurl.com/d7256x2

      Look out !! it is about 20 pages so far. Of course, it is a work in progress. It is going to take me some time to sort out the new info. I hope to find your name on it some day. I see you are from Japan. I would love to know how that happened. My email is clivealex@.... Lets talk privately.

      Cheers

      Clive