Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Lilian and Florence Alexander

  • Lara Mulawka
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2013
      Hello Clive,

      I have no knowledge about Lilian and Florence Alexander. But way way back, we must be related. My great great great great grandmother was Mary Alexander (1771-1841) daughter of John Alexander died 1797 and Margaret Gurling (1739-1777). My other great great great great grandmother was her sister Eleanor Alexander (born 1769) also the daughter of John Alexander died 1797 and Margaret Gurling (1739-1777). I got this info from this web site of the Seale Family of St. Helena.

      When you say they went to South Africa in the early 18th Century - do you mean that they lived on St. Helena before then? I would love to hear about what you find out or to be of help in some way.

      Lara

      On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM, clivealexa <clivealex@...> wrote:

      Good day
      I am researching the Alexander Family Tree.

      I am looking for info on Lilian and Florence Alexander, daughters of Albert James Alexander (1838-1921) and Mary Pritchard. They had 5 siblings, Albert, Ethel, Percy, Fraser and Mabel, of whom I have some info. Of these two, I have only the names.
      I think they came to South Africa during the early 18th Century.
      Any help will be appreciated.

      Thanks
      Clive Alexander

    • Clive Alexander
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2013

        Hi Cousin,

        Yes indeed we are related. The Seale website did not help very much, but from leads I got from it I landed up on the Kriste family tree. There I hit the mother lode.

        Richard Alexander (1652-1683) was the first Alexander to arrive on St Helena, in 1673. He was married twice and had 3 children. The eldest, John, married 3 times and had 22 children!!!!!. They didn’t mess about in those days, hey?

        The 6th child of the 3rd marriage, (to Mary Maxwell), was George (1725-1805). He had 13 children. Number 11 was Frederick Augustus, my direct ancestor. Mary was his second child. So we are not all that far apart.

        It you like you can see my family tree at http://tinyurl.com/d7256x2

        Look out !! it is about 20 pages so far. Of course, it is a work in progress. It is going to take me some time to sort out the new info. I hope to find your name on it some day. I see you are from Japan. I would love to know how that happened. My email is clivealex@.... Lets talk privately.

        Cheers