Thomas

  • Nielsen-Ferreira
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16 7:58 AM
      Hello Saint descendants,

      How can I too, find out if there are any Thomas' left on the Island?
      My grandfather (John Thomas) would have been 120 years, this year.
      I presume his father was a young man when he left the Island (say 20-25 yrs.) for South Africa.
      I guess that I am looking for the Thomas family (g.g.grandfather) round about 1830 - 1840 who lived on St.Helena.
      Just guess work because I have no clue where to start.

      Greetings
      June

      PS: (The Thomas family names include Henrietta, Anne, James, Louisa, Charlotte, John, William & Richard)

    • tania@mtsr.com.au
      Message 2 of 2 , May 22, 2011
        Hi

        This is my first post. I am looking for any record of my great Grandmother, born on the Island of St Helena, not sure which town. Her Name was Mary Thomas (maiden name) She moved to Rhodeshia, not sure when? Married a German man Max Gladow, who was deported back to Germany. Then she moved to South Africa and married my Great Grand Father Peter Thomas Redmond (Irish Decent) Married in Johannesburg South Africa. She had 2 girls from Max Gladow, names unknown and then my grandmother was born ( 8 August 1917) from Peter Thomas Redmond, her name was Catherine Mary Redmond.

        I am despereatly looking for the parents of Mary Thomas, unfortunately I dont even have any dates to go on.
        Any information would be GREATLY appreciated

        Kind Regard
        Tania