RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] family name PAINTER

  • Ron Wale
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2013
      Hi,

      I'm related to a Johanna Painter, born on St. Helena on 25 November 1888. Her parents were James Henry Painter/Paynter and Rebecca Painter (nee Knipe).
      She had four brothers (one of which was my grandfather). Among their children are some six females born around the time you mentioned (including my own family).

      Their names are Betty and Molly (who were/are in Zambia, Zimbabwe or South Africa) Beryl, Phyllis and Marge (Australia) and Lilian (UK).

      Regards,
      Ron Wale

      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      From: una.garratt@...
      Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 13:53:35 +0000
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] family name PAINTER

      Hi I have just found out that my nanny's maiden name was PAINTER. Does anyone have any relations of this name? She went on to marry Basil Buckley. I think she was born between 1911-1921 (can't get exact date).

    • UNA GARRATT
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2013
        Hi Ron

        The names don't match up to my nanny's name - she was GLADYS Painter then became Buckley then Moyce. If you find out any more info or links please let me know :)

        Regards
        Una

        From: una.garratt@...
        Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 13:53:35 +0000