family name PAINTER

  • UNA
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2013
      Hi I have just found out that my nanny's maiden name was PAINTER. Does anyone have any relations of this name? She went on to marry Basil Buckley. I think she was born between 1911-1921 (can't get exact date).
    • Ron Wale
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2013
        Hi,

        I'm related to a Johanna Painter, born on St. Helena on 25 November 1888. Her parents were James Henry Painter/Paynter and Rebecca Painter (nee Knipe).
        She had four brothers (one of which was my grandfather). Among their children are some six females born around the time you mentioned (including my own family).

        Their names are Betty and Molly (who were/are in Zambia, Zimbabwe or South Africa) Beryl, Phyllis and Marge (Australia) and Lilian (UK).

        Regards,
        Ron Wale

        To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
        From: una.garratt@...
        Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 13:53:35 +0000
        Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] family name PAINTER

        Hi I have just found out that my nanny's maiden name was PAINTER. Does anyone have any relations of this name? She went on to marry Basil Buckley. I think she was born between 1911-1921 (can't get exact date).

      • UNA GARRATT
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2013
          Hi Ron

          The names don't match up to my nanny's name - she was GLADYS Painter then became Buckley then Moyce. If you find out any more info or links please let me know :)

          Regards
          Una

          From: una.garratt@...
          Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 13:53:35 +0000