Hawkins Family

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2013
      Hello,

      My name is Neil Taylor and I am trying to research the following people: -

      Charles Alexander Hawkins - born 1847 - Oxfordshire
      Lydia Isabelle Hawkins nee Scott - born 1853- Rochester Kent
      Flora Hawkins - Ascension Island - 1878
      James Hawkins - Ascension Island - 1880

      Charles was a Royal Marine from the 1870's to 1890's on posted to Ascension Island between 1875 and 1880. I can tell from the English 1881 census that Flora and James where born on the Island. They also had another son Charles with them who was born in Scotland in 1875. I would like to know where can I find the certificates and/or records for ship they travel to and from the Island on and records of the births? I was told this would be held in the records of the Flora Tender but I can not find this.

      You help would be much appreciated.

      Kind Regards,

      Neil Taylor