Re: Jane Mason & William Everton

  • Ed Storey
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 13, 2013
      In the 1832 'list of inhabitants'   there are listings for  Thomas Carr, a baker and William Everton, a tea-shopkeeper.

      ECS

    • Barbara Rochoy
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 13, 2013

        Hi David

        Thank you for your reply, If you are able to scan it in and e-mail it, that would be lovely.   My husband’s great grandmother was the daughter of John Theodore Everton.

        Have you though, been able to trace the parents of William Everton and Jane Mason, how did they arrive on the Island?  Where are they previously from?

        Thank you again

        Regards

        Barbara

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 14, 2013

          Thank you for this, every bit of info. Helps fill in the puzzle.

          Barbara

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 15, 2013
            Hi Barbara,

            No and that would be great. my address is davspread@...

            I will attempt the same with the paper I have (although it such a strange size, so you may gets bits to stick together!!)

            The children to William and Jane I have shown are William Everton d.o.b 10/9/1810 bapt 21/10/1810 Thomas d.o.b 2/10/1814 bapt 30/10/18 died 7/7/1843.

            Regards,
            David.

            In a message dated 14/01/2013 21:10:30 GMT Standard Time, blrochoy@... writes:

            Hi David

            Do you have copies of the Births and Baptism register for William and Jane’s Children, if not I could scan them in and other documents I have and e-mail them to  you .

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 16, 2013

              Hi David

              It would be greatly appreciated if you could also forward me a scanned copy of the information you have.

              John Theodore Everton (b 1842 St Helena) is my ggg grand father.

              Regards

              Warren

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 18, 2013
                I hope I am not replying twice to the same message.

                In the 1829 list of inhabitants, from the East India Register, there is a Wm. Everton listed, no profession.  there are also 3 Masons listed.

                ECS
              • davspread

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 19, 2013

                    Hi   Warren and David,

                    Do you have any documents for John Theodore’s family, from the Birth and Baptism register,  I can send them on to you, if you would like them.   Warren could you please let me know how you are descended from John Theodore, you can e-mail me direct.

                    You can also find a Death Certificate for John Theodore Everton on the Family Search Web site,  South Africa, Cape Province- Civil Deaths 1895-1972            / /            1915 Alexandria  image no. 61.

                    Regards

                    Barbara

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 19, 2013

                      Hi

                      Thank you from me too

                      Barbara

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 19, 2013

                        I see a lot of emails with the same attachments. They only open to a bar and a dot. What are they for??