Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Jane Mason & William Everton

  • davspread
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 13, 2013
      Hi Warren,
      My grandmother's mother was Louisa Everton d.o.b 21/7/1871 and I have information that goes back to their descendant's William Everton who married Jane Mason 3/10/1805 (My search on the British Library's web site in the East India Office sector shows their marriage as 3/10/1806!)

      I received all this information from the Legal and Land Department office on St Helena. It is hand written and laid out on A5 piece of paper. If you want I can either copy it and send by post or I will try and scan it and send as a word document.

      David Spreadborough (Cornwall, United Kingdom)

      In a message dated 11/01/2013 13:02:47 GMT Standard Time, war.g.smith@... writes:

      Have anyone in their research come across the parents of either Jane Mason or William Everton married on St Helena 3 Oct 1806.

      I have been searching far and wide for this with very little success. Any help would be appreciated.

      Kind Regards
      Warren Smith

    • Ed Storey
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 13, 2013
        In the 1832 'list of inhabitants'   there are listings for  Thomas Carr, a baker and William Everton, a tea-shopkeeper.

        ECS

      • Barbara Rochoy
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 13, 2013

          Hi David

          Thank you for your reply, If you are able to scan it in and e-mail it, that would be lovely.   My husband’s great grandmother was the daughter of John Theodore Everton.

          Have you though, been able to trace the parents of William Everton and Jane Mason, how did they arrive on the Island?  Where are they previously from?

          Thank you again

          Regards

          Barbara

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 14, 2013

            Hi David

            Do you have copies of the Births and Baptism register for William and Jane’s Children, if not I could scan them in and other documents I have and e-mail them to  you .

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 14, 2013

              Thank you for this, every bit of info. Helps fill in the puzzle.

              Barbara

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 15, 2013
                Hi Barbara,

                No and that would be great. my address is davspread@...

                I will attempt the same with the paper I have (although it such a strange size, so you may gets bits to stick together!!)

                The children to William and Jane I have shown are William Everton d.o.b 10/9/1810 bapt 21/10/1810 Thomas d.o.b 2/10/1814 bapt 30/10/18 died 7/7/1843.

                Regards,
                David.

                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 16, 2013

                  Hi David

                  It would be greatly appreciated if you could also forward me a scanned copy of the information you have.

                  John Theodore Everton (b 1842 St Helena) is my ggg grand father.

                  Regards

                  Warren

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 18, 2013
                    I hope I am not replying twice to the same message.

                    In the 1829 list of inhabitants, from the East India Register, there is a Wm. Everton listed, no profession.  there are also 3 Masons listed.

                    ECS
                  • davspread

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 19, 2013

                        Hi   Warren and David,

                        Do you have any documents for John Theodore’s family, from the Birth and Baptism register,  I can send them on to you, if you would like them.   Warren could you please let me know how you are descended from John Theodore, you can e-mail me direct.

                        You can also find a Death Certificate for John Theodore Everton on the Family Search Web site,  South Africa, Cape Province- Civil Deaths 1895-1972            / /            1915 Alexandria  image no. 61.

                        Regards

                        Barbara

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 19, 2013

                          Hi

                          Thank you from me too

                          Barbara

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 19, 2013

                            I see a lot of emails with the same attachments. They only open to a bar and a dot. What are they for??