Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Ref. Family name: Fagan

  • Roger Box
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 10, 2013
      Hi Alan,

      I did the same trip for the same reasons last year.  Give me a call on British time any day after 2pm - 0044 1242 890517.

      I'll give you some useful tips!

      Roger

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 3, 2013
        Hi Alan,
        I wish I were in your shoes , my Great grandfather was Emily Louisa`s brother,Edward.I would one day like to visit the Island but it would be quite an undertaking from Brisbane.I have a great deal I would like to find out about my family so I will have to make the trip one day.
        Enjoy,Regards
        Rob

        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hale <hale_alan@...> wrote:

        > Dear Member
        >
        > My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.
        >
        > I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on the island with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.
        >
        > I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.
        >
        > Thank you in anticipation.
        >
        > Alan
        >
        > Alan Hale

      • John Coyle
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 5, 2013

          Hi Rob – where in Brisbane? I’m in New Farm!

          John

          --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hale wrote:

          > Dear Member
          >
          > My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.
          >
          > I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on the island with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.
          >
          > I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.
          >
          > Thank you in anticipation.
          >
          > Alan
          >
          > Alan Hale

        • artoriousellis
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 16, 2013
            Hi John,
            I am in Sinnamon Park(near Jindalee). What family names are you researching from St Helena?
            Regards
            Rob
            --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "John Coyle" <jcoyle@...> wrote:

            > Hi Rob – where in Brisbane? I'm in New Farm!
            >

            > John

          • John Coyle
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 17, 2013

              Hi Rob – I’m not actually researching family names, my interest in the group lies in my having lived on the island from 1967-69: my initial thought was that I might be able to help with enquiries, but most of them are related to much earlier times.

              I do have one question: sometime in the 1940’s or early 1950’s my grandmother hosted a St. Helenian lady named Joan at her house in Hutton, in Essex, and my mother cannot recall the surname – obviously I am curious as to who it might have been.

              Regards