Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] documents

  • Alison
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 9, 2013
      The link worked for me. Very interesting to read through. Bound to be helpful to some people!
      Alison

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Glynnis Jackson wrote:

      > HiCheryl
      > thanks - the link didnt work, although I copied pasted several times - can you send a breakdown of how you arrived at the document?
      > Thanks
      > Glynnis
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Nancy-Jo Nunez
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 14, 2013
        Is this the link?  If so what do I search on?

        --- In mailto:st-helena-genealogy%40yahoogroups.com, Glynnis Jackson wrote:

        > HiCheryl
        > thanks - the link didnt work, although I copied pasted several times - can you send a breakdown of how you arrived at the document?
        > Thanks
        > Glynnis
        >

        > ________________________________

      • John Dady
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 14, 2013
          If the link does not take you directly to the subject but just to the Rhodes University home page, try clicking through to "Cory Library" then from the drop-down menus "Online - Primary Sources - Diaries". Near the very bottom of the Diaries page see "Diaries catalogue, Cory Library (8MB)". Right  click "Open in new Tab".

          Hope this helps.

          On 14 January 2013 19:44, Nancy-Jo Nunez <njnunez@...> wrote:

          Is this the link?  If so what do I search on?

          The link worked for me. Very interesting to read through. Bound to be helpful to some people!
          Alison

          --- In mailto:st-helena-genealogy%40yahoogroups.com, Glynnis Jackson wrote:

          > HiCheryl
          > thanks - the link didnt work, although I copied pasted several times - can you send a breakdown of how you arrived at the document?
          > Thanks
          > Glynnis
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Ed Storey
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 15, 2013
            I followed the directions John Dady sent.  I got to the Cory library just fine.  In the online card catalog, I entered "St Helena".  There were a couple dozen documents listed.  Although they are not available online, they might be available thru Google Books, some library closer to home or via interlibrary loan.  At the very least, they are worth a perusal.

            ECS
          • Barbara Rochoy
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 16, 2013

              Hi,