Ref. Family name: Fagan

  • Alan Hale
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 9, 2013
      Dear Member
      My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.

      I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on the island with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.

      I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.

      Thank you in anticipation.

      Alan

      Alan Hale

    • Nancy-Jo Nunez

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 10, 2013
          Hi Alan,

          I did the same trip for the same reasons last year.  Give me a call on British time any day after 2pm - 0044 1242 890517.

          I'll give you some useful tips!

          Roger

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 3 10:32 PM
            Hi Alan,
            I wish I were in your shoes , my Great grandfather was Emily Louisa`s brother,Edward.I would one day like to visit the Island but it would be quite an undertaking from Brisbane.I have a great deal I would like to find out about my family so I will have to make the trip one day.
            Enjoy,Regards
            Rob

            --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hale <hale_alan@...> wrote:

            > Dear Member
            >
            > My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.
            >
            > I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on the island with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.
            >
            > I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.
            >
            > Thank you in anticipation.
            >
            > Alan
            >
            > Alan Hale

          • John Coyle
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 5 3:21 PM

              Hi Rob – where in Brisbane? I’m in New Farm!

              John

              --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hale wrote:

              > Dear Member
              >
              > My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.
              >
              > I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on the island with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.
              >
              > I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.
              >
              > Thank you in anticipation.
              >
              > Alan
              >
              > Alan Hale

            • artoriousellis
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 16 7:12 PM
                Hi John,
                I am in Sinnamon Park(near Jindalee). What family names are you researching from St Helena?
                Regards
                Rob
                --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "John Coyle" <jcoyle@...> wrote:

                > Hi Rob – where in Brisbane? I'm in New Farm!
                >

                > John

              • John Coyle
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 17 2:27 PM

                  Hi Rob – I’m not actually researching family names, my interest in the group lies in my having lived on the island from 1967-69: my initial thought was that I might be able to help with enquiries, but most of them are related to much earlier times.

                  I do have one question: sometime in the 1940’s or early 1950’s my grandmother hosted a St. Helenian lady named Joan at her house in Hutton, in Essex, and my mother cannot recall the surname – obviously I am curious as to who it might have been.

                  Regards