Indian blood in Thomas History

  • Nielsen-Ferreira
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2005
      Dear Morgan
      My g.grandfather , Richard Thomas, was born on St Helena.
      I remember my grandfather told us that his dad had
      ancestors from the Malabar Coast (India). Could it be that
      Indians from Malabar were shipped to St Helena and got
      married to the locals of St Helena? Can anyone enlighten
      me on this part of the history,please. I am interested to
      know more about the parents and family of Richard Thomas
      before he went to work (with many others) in South Africa.
      Can anyone help me please.
      Kind regards
      June