Stevens

  • Cheryl Perreault
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2013
      Good morning and thank you for approval to join the board.

      I am desperately trying to find any info on my great grandma.  It's as if she just appeared.

      Her name was Jane Magdalina Stevens born in 1882(no records in cape town) and died in cape town in 1949.  She had a brother Alfred Stevens who had a son Henry.   She married a Walter Major in 1905, they were both 22.  Walter was born in Hull Yorkshire in 1882

      She had 5 sons in cape town.  They divorced, Walter went back to London for medical treatment where he died at age 36.

      As a young child I remember my mother telling me that my great grandma's family were from Saint Helena.
      many thanks
      Cheryl