List of St Helena inhabitants in the early 1800s

  • Ted Swart
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2013
      Does your list of  St Helena inhabitants in the early 1800s by any chance include a Sarah Bassett-Knipe?
      She was/is my great great grandmother and was born on St Helena round about 1803.  She moved to Tristan da Cunha round about 1826 at the age of about 23 and Married Richard Riley on Tristan da Cunha.  She is reported as having been a mulatto.

      Thank you for any help yiou can give,

      . . Ted swart ..
    • ayeshacoletane@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2013
        Can someone please tell me if there is any I trace my grandmother's ancestry, she came from St Helena, her surname was Billings and linked to Brown I believe. Her name was Louisa not sure of the spelling as my father does not have her birth certificate anymore.

        I would really appreciate any assistance please. My wish is to retire there with my children, I am an MBA graduate unable to be employed in my experience and academic capacity in the last ten years. My children are brilliant at school but have no future here particularly because of the regression happening in the economic arena in SA.