Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Has anyone had success with requests from St. Helena?

  • Leonard Meek
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
      Nancy, it's been a few years since I got information from the Island, and I think the lady who was doing the research at the time has retired. There was a fee and it did take a few months for the reply.because she was apparently working alone. The information she gave me was enlightening, and cleared up a lot of handed down misinformation on my ancestors. I beleive Karen Henry is the current archivist. She can be contacted at: archives@...

      Leonard
      Happy New Year!  I am hoping someone could write to the list and give us an example of the experiences (hopefully positive ones) on requests sent to St. Helena for their genealogy?  I wrote a few months ago, possibly 4 or 5 now and haven't heard a thing.

      Thank you.
      Sincerely,
      Nancy-Jo Nunez
    • lebretonbotha
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
        Hi,

        I have found archivist Karen Henry very helpful. Her e-mail address is archives@... You will have to pay a very reasonable fee for any searches requested.

        Regards

        le Breton Botha

      • su.monkey@virgin.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
          I requested some information around 5 years ago, it took them approx. 14 months to return with the info, which wasn’t terribly comprehensive.
          Sorry that it wasn’t a more positive reply to your enquiry.

          Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 8:56 AM

          I have also requested some info and paid to have this carried out about 6 months ago and havent heard a thing either, would really love to find out info on my Husbands Grandmother as know one has any info on her